FLAN CARAMELISADO (Carmel Custard)
Yield: 6 servings
|Baking Time: 1 hour -10 minutes||Temperature: Medium, Low 350°F|
|2 cups sugar||6 eggs|
|3 1/2 cups milk||
1 teaspoon vanilla
|1 cinnamon stick|
1. Place 1 cup of sugar in a heavy pan. Stir sugar at low heat until it is liquid and light, golden brown.
2. Pour carmelized sugar evenly into six warm custard cups. Set cups aside.
3. Place milk and cinnamon stick in a medium-sized saucepan. Scald milk at medium heat and allow to cool.
4. Beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar to eggs and beat well.
5. Gradually add scalded milk to egg mixture, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla.
6. Pour mixture into caramel-lined cups. Place cups in a pan of hot water and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.